Monday, January 7, 2013

Blog #3


Throughout the novel I thought that Chris was a kind person who goes on adventures in hope to find answers about himself and society. After reading chapter 11, I thought differently about Chris. I think that Chris is a stubborn person who sought out adventure as an escape from his family. Chris’s independent behavior and distant relationships made it easy for him to decide to go on his adventures. I found an example of Chris’s emotion towards his parents on page 115 that states there were conflicts between Chris and his parent’s opinions. An example of Chris’s stubbornness is on page 111 when his father says how Chris doesn’t like to follow instruction and always wanted to do things his own way. As more information is revealed about Chris’s family and childhood, I perceive him as being stubborn, distant and independent.

No comments:

Post a Comment